The power of the promotional product can sometimes be underestimated. However, many marketing teams will attest to the wide reach and long-lasting impact that promotional products can have. Utilizing them as a part of your marketing strategy can be key in connecting with current clients and reaching out to future clients. To back up our argument, here are some insane facts you probably didn’t know about promotional products.
Surprising Promotional Product Facts
- 80% of consumers own between one and ten promotional products. That is a huge portion of the population that is open to accepting your branded items!
- Out of this 80%, 53% use a promotional product at least once per week. That’s a pretty high chance of active engagement with your promotional products.
- Six out of ten of these people will keep promotional products for up to two years.
- Afraid that your valuable promotional products will be thrown away by the client? Only one in five people will do this.
- Promotional products can increase your client base by as much as 30%!
- Think that t-shirts create the most impressions? Think again; bags actually generate more promotional impressions than any other promotional product in the US, coming in at six thousand impressions per bag.
- Bags also tie with writing instruments for lowest cost per impression, at one-tenth of a cent per bag.
- Still like custom screen-printed shirts? Not to worry, wearables are in the top product category, followed by pens/pencils, bags, calendars, and drinkware.
- Advertising really picked up around the turn of the 20th century. The first promotional product trade show was held in 1914. There were 32 exhibitors.
- Investing in branded drinkware can be more effective than a costly radio or television ad! In one study, 57% of people were able to recall an advertiser whose logo was branded on a mug. Only 32% were able to recognize the advertiser from their radio spot, and only 28% were able to recognize the advertiser from their television spot. It makes sense; we often learn to ignore loud, obnoxious radio and television ads. However, a logo on a mug makes a visual impression. Vision is our strongest sense; plus we can allow our vision to linger over a logo as we are lost in thought; we cannot linger over a brief radio or television ad!
Lucky Dog Custom Apparel
Do you need promotional items for your business? Or team T-shirts for an event? Call Lucky Dog Custom Apparel! Our in-house designers will work with you to create a great graphic. Contact us by calling 609- 645-7319 or by visiting our website! Or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Linkedin!